SASKATCHEWAN RAILWAY CROSSING SAFETY COMMITTEE REPORT
The Saskatchewan Minister of Highways and Transportation established a joint government/non-government committee on railway crossing safety in late 1995 as a result of an alarming increase in railway crossing fatalities. The committee was asked to make recommendations aimed at improving railway crossing safety. This report presents those recommendations, along with proposals for implementation, in the following areas: public education about railway crossing safety; engineering of railway crossing infrastructure; enforcement of laws respecting railway crossings; and general administrative measures.
Saskatchewan Department of Highways and Transportation, CanadaGovernment Administration Building
Regina, Saskatchewan S4S OB1, Canada
- Publication Date: 1996
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Law enforcement; Public information programs; Railroad grade crossings; Safety; Safety engineering; Traffic crashes
- Old TRIS Terms: Grade crossing accidents; Grade crossing safety
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00730630
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TAG-CY-Regina
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 3 1997 12:00AM