INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS: MEASURES OF EFFECTIVENESS
The New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) Integrated Transportation Management Strategies (ITMS) Master Plan proposes using various Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) strategies and technologies to deliver services to New Jersey's transportation system customers. The purpose of the report is to develop quantitative and qualitative evaluations of customer service delivery that can measure achievement of the results intended, such as lower overall trip time, reduced incident-related delay, better knowledge of travel options and conditions, etc. The ITMS Master Plan recommends that the following ITS customer services be given high priority for deployment in the near- to medium-term of the next 5 to 10 years: incident management; traffic control; pre-trip traveler information; and, route guidance/en/route traveler information.
- Record URL:
Trenton, NJ United States 08625
- Publication Date: 1996-3
- Pagination: 40 p.
- TRT Terms: Customer service; Incident management; Intelligent transportation systems; Level of service; Passenger information systems; Route guidance; Traffic control; Transportation system management; Traveler information and communication systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management systems
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00730628
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Feb 3 1997 12:00AM