NORTH AMERICAN EMERGENCY RESPONSE GUIDEBOOK, 1996. A GUIDEBOOK FOR FIRST RESPONDERS DURING THE INITIAL PHASE OF A HAZARDOUS MATERIALS/DANGEROUS GOODS INCIDENT
The Guidebook was developed jointly by Transport Canada (TC), the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Secretariat of Communications and Transportation of Mexico (SCT) for use by fire fighters, police, and other emergency services personnel who may be the first to arrive at the scene of a transportation incident involving dangerous goods. It is primarily a guide to aid first responders in quickly identifying the specific or generic hazards of the material(s) involved in the incident, and protecting themselves and the general public during the initial response phase of the incident.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1996
- Pagination: 257 p.
- TRT Terms: Disasters and emergency operations; Fires; Guidelines; Hazardous materials; Hazards; Incident detection; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Emergency response; Fire hazards
- Old TRIS Terms: Hazardous materials transportation
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General); I82: Accidents and Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00730612
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 3 1997 12:00AM