STRATEGIC GOALS FOR THE 21ST CENTURY
in 1995, the American Public Transit Association (APTA) created a Task Force on Mobility for the 21st Century (M21). Members of the task force engaged in a series of discussions and exercises to create scenarios exploring future threats and opportunities, develop a vision of their preferred future, and set out strategic goals for making their vision a reality. This report sets out the M21 Task Force's recommendations to achieve a sustainable future - a future based on major improvements in the accessibility of our communities and new options of where to live and how to travel.
- Prepared by APTA's Mobility for the 21st Century Task Force and Robert L. Olson, Institute for Alternative Futures.
American Public Transportation Association1201 New York Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20005
- Publication Date: 1996-10
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Accessibility; Communities; Livability; Mobility; Quality of life; Strategic planning; Sustainable development; Urban development
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00730603
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 3 1997 12:00AM