BICYCLE PLANNING: A COMPREHENSIVE BIBLIOGRAPHY. VOL 2: INTERNATIONAL. FOURTH EDITION. 1996
This bibliography is a companion volume to Volume 1 which covers references to material on Cycle Planning in the United Kingdom. It includes material from other European countries and the rest of the world, especially the USA and Australia. It also includes references to cycling in the developing countries of Africa, Asia and Latin America. As well as material on the experience of cycling planning schemes, there are references to many other topics such as road safety, cycle helmets, overall cycling policy and strategy, and the relationship of cycling policy to the broader aspects of traffic management, town planning, transport and environmental policy. Books, articles, conference papers, research reports are referenced. All references are classified by place and topic. The aims and functions of UK local authorities cycle planning groups are given in an appendix. For details of Volume 1 see IRRD 885231.
NOTTINGHAM UNIVERSITY, DEPARTMENT OF URBAN PLANNINGPATON HOUSE
UNIVERSITY PARK, NOTTINGHAM United Kingdom NG7 2RD
- MCCLINTOCK, H
- Publication Date: 1996
- Pagination: 192 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Bibliographies; Bicycles; Cyclists; Developing countries; Planning; Policy; Safety
- Geographic Terms: Australia; Europe; United States
- ITRD Terms: 155: Administration; 8006: Australia; 8518: Bibliography; 1211: Bicycle; 1742: Cyclist; 150: Developing countries; 8034: Europe; 143: Planning; 173: Policy; 1665: Safety; 8122: USA
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00730502
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport Research Laboratory
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Jan 30 1997 12:00AM