GLOBAL POSITIONING SYSTEM: THEORY AND APPLICATIONS. VOLUME II
The purpose of this book is to accelerate the understanding of the Global Positioning System (GPS) and encourage new and innovative applications. Each chapter is authored by an individual or group of individuals who are recognized as world-class authorities in their area of GPS. The two volumes are intended to be complementary. Volume I concentrates on fundamentals and Volume II on applications. This volume, Volume II, concentrates on two aspects: augmentations to GPS and detailed descriptions of applications. It consists of Parts III to VI. Part III, Differential GPS and Integrity Monitoring, and Part IV, Integrated Navigation Systems, expand on GPS with explanations of supplements and augmentations to the system. The supplements enhance accuracy, availability, or integrity. Of special interest is differential GPS which has proven it can provide sub-meter (even centimeter) level accuracies in a dynamic environment. Part V, GPS Navigation Applications, and Part VI, Special Applications, are detailed descriptions of the major applications in current use.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/1563471078
- This book is Volume 164 in the series Progress in Astronautics and Aeronautics.
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics370 L'Enfant Promenade, SW
Washington, DC United States 20024-2518
- Publication Date: 1996
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 675 p.
- TRT Terms: Accuracy; Air traffic control; Algorithms; Design; Error analysis; General aviation; Geodesy; Global Positioning System; History; Interference; Land; Navigation; Oceans; Operations; Performance; Radio receivers; Satellite communication; Signal processing; Signal to noise ratio; Surveying; Tracking systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Tracking
- Old TRIS Terms: Aircraft approach and landing; Land surveying; Marine applications
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation; Design; Highways; History; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00730244
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 1563471078
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 16 1997 12:00AM