FOG LAMPS: FREQUENCY OF INSTALLATION AND NATURE OF USE
The goal of this study was to provide information about the frequency of installation and use of fog lamps. Two surveys were performed. In the first one, installation of fog lamps was estimated by a survey of parked vehicles in two large shopping centers. The second survey studied the usage of fog lamps during daytime and nighttime, under clear, rainy, or foggy conditions. In this survey, an observer in a moving vehicle noted the types of lamps that were energized on the fronts of oncoming vehicles, and whether fog lamps were installed at all.
- The U. of Michigan Industry Affiliation Program currently includes Adac Plastics, Bosch, Chrysler, Delphi Interior and Lighting Systems, Denso, Ford (Automotive Components Division), GE, GM NAO Safety and Restraints Center, Hella, Hewlett-Packard, Ichikoh Industries, Koito Manufacturing, LESCOA, Libbey-Owens-Ford, Magneti Marelli, North American Lighting, Osram Sylvania, Philips Lighting, PPG Industries, Reflexite, Stanley Electric, TEXTRON Automotive, United Technologies Automotive Systems, Valeo, Wagner Lighting, and 3M.
University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute2901 Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109-2150
- Sivak, M
- Flannagan, M J
- Traube, E C
- Hashimoto, H
- Kojima, S
- Publication Date: 1996-10
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile driving; Daytime running lamps; Fog; Fog lamps; Night; Rain; Surveys
- Uncontrolled Terms: Night driving
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00730129
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTRI-96-31,, HS-042 240
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 9 1997 12:00AM