RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CONCRETE MEMBERS PRESTRESSED WITH UNBONDED TENDONS
This report is presented as a guide for the design of flexural structural members in buildings with unbonded tendons. Suggestions are presented for needed revisions and additions to the ACI 318 Building Code regarding this subject. Consideration is given to determination of fire endurance, design for seismic forces, and catastrophic loadings, in addition to design for gravity and lateral loads. Recommendations are presented concerning details and properties of tendons, protection against corrosion, and construction procedures.
Farmington Hills, MI United States 48331
- Publication Date: 1996-10
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Building codes; Concrete structures; Construction; Corrosion protection; Design; Earthquake resistant design; Fire resistance; Flexural strength; Gravity; Guidelines; Loads; Prestressed concrete; Procedures; Properties of materials; Recommendations; Tendons
- Uncontrolled Terms: Lateral loads; Revisions
- Old TRIS Terms: Fire endurance; Unbonded
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Highways; Law; Materials; Research; I24: Design of Bridges and Retaining Walls;
- Accession Number: 00730092
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ACI 423.3R-96
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 27 1997 12:00AM