ROUNDABOUT ENTRY CAPACITY
This report: gives a brief review of approaches and theoretical models for the calculation of capacity in roundabouts; provides a survey of existing calculation models and summarizes their main characteristics; discusses various geometric and traffic flow parameters; presents a survey of Swedish roundabouts; discusses various hypothesis and attempts to create a new model; describes the data collection method; summarizes the analysis of critical gaps; summarizes the analysis of follow-up times; summarizes the analysis of major headways; discusses the results and proposes a new model; and, contains general conclusions and discusses the usefulness of the present work and the need for continued research.
- Also pub. as Lund Univ. (Sweden), Dept. of Traffic Planning and Engineering Rept. no. BULL-135. Sponsored by Swedish Transport and Communications Research Board, Stockholm.
Lund University of Technology, SwedenFack S-22007
Lind 7, Sweden
- Hagring, O
- Publication Date: 1996
- Pagination: 96 p.
- TRT Terms: Highway capacity; Roundabouts; Traffic flow; Travel patterns
- Uncontrolled Terms: Traffic patterns
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00729967
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: LUTVDG-(TVTT-3113)1-102
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1997 12:00AM