ANALYSIS OF AN INDEPENDENT SUSPENSION FOR USE ON FUTURE MEDIUM TACTICAL TRUCKS
The independent suspension on the Advanced Technology Demonstrator II (ATD-II) was tested to determine how it compares with the solid axle suspension on the current M923A1. It was found that: 1) the independent suspension weighs more than the solid axle suspension; 2) the ATD-II absorbed less power over the test courses simulating real world terrain; and, 3) the ATD-II absorbed less power due to a shock caused by an abrupt obstacle in the terrain.
Tacom Research, Development and Engineering CenterWarren, MI United States
- Aamodt, S G
- Mushenski, M
- Publication Date: 1996-5
- Pagination: 66 p.
- TRT Terms: Axles; Medium trucks; Stability (Mechanics); Suspension systems; Trucks
- Old TRIS Terms: Independent suspension; Solid axle suspension
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00729958
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TARDEC-13691
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 6 1997 12:00AM