ASSESSMENT OF PORT, TERMINAL AND NAVIGATION IMPACTS RESULTING FROM THE 1993 UPPER MISSISSIPPI RIVER FLOOD
The primary objective of the study was to assess the impacts of the 1993 flood on the port and terminal facilities located along the closed waterways, and to determine the extent of infrastructure damage to transportation facilities that provide access to these ports and terminals. An additional objective was to analyze the responses of port and terminal operators to the 1995 flood and compare them to the lessons learned from the '93 event.
- Prepared by Inland Waterways Studies Institute Consortium, Memphis, TN.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1996-3
- Pagination: 109 p.
- TRT Terms: Flood damage; Loss and damage; Marine safety; Maritime safety; Port operations; Waterway facility operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Damage assessment
- Old TRIS Terms: Infrastructure damage
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00729951
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-PORT-832-96002
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 31 1997 12:00AM