TURNKEY DEMONSTRATION PROGRAM EXPERT WORKSHOP FOR SUCCESSFUL TRANSIT DESIGN/BUILD, LOS ANGELES, MAY 4-5, 1995: SYNOPSIS OF HIGHLIGHTS
This brochure presents a synopsis of the major highlights of the FTA-sponsored workshop, 'Turnkey Forum: Design and Construction Experiences', that took place on May 4-5, 1995, as part of the continuing industry expert outreach for the FTA Turnkey Demonstration Program. The purpose of the workshop was to facilitate an exchange of information on design/build (turnkey) techniques, with a special focus of the design and construction experiences of the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority's Union Station Gateway Project. Design and construction progress on other FTA demonstration projects in Baltimore, San Juan, and San Francisco were also reviewed, along with plans for other transit turnkey projects in New Jersey and New York. Approximately 80 persons, representatives of the participating transit agencies, general engineering firms, investment bankers, industry consultants, and other disciplins, attended the workshop sessions.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1996
- Pagination: 50 p.
- TRT Terms: Demonstration projects; Design; Workshops
- Uncontrolled Terms: Turnkey systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Demonstration programs
- Subject Areas: Design; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00729947
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Transit Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 31 1997 12:00AM