GUIDE FOR DESIGN OF RAPID TRANSIT STATIONS
This guide explains the approach to incorporating the requirements of the Ontario Building Code into the design of rapid transit stations. Sections of the guide cover general requirements, occupancy classification, construction and structural line protection, means of egress, fire protection and life safety systems, washroom requirements, and barrier-free design. Appendixes include the section of the Ontario Building Code applicable to rapid transit stations, a procedure for occupant load calculation, Toronto Transit Commission standards, and requirements regarding platform edge door systems. An index links Ontario Building Code references to page numbers in the guide.
Ontario Ministry of Municipal Affairs and HousingToronto, Ontario M7A 1N8, Canada
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pagination: 87 p.
- TRT Terms: Building codes; Rail transit stations; Railroad stations; Railroad transportation; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Station design
- Subject Areas: Law; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00729944
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 31 1997 12:00AM