FORT WORTH HOV SYSTEM STUDY: OVERVIEW OF NATIONAL EXPERIENCE AND LOCAL ISSUES
This report summarizes the experience with HOV lanes and support facilities from Houston, Dallas, and the relevance to issues in Forth Worth. The information is compiled from other published research efforts and presents guidelines for the implementation of HOV lanes in Fort Worth. Several successful HOV treatments in Houston and Dallas constitute a database from which to derive recommendations regarding the potential for HOV lanes in Fort Worth. These include planning, design, and operational features, as well as institutional issues that are key to successful implementation.
- Sponsored by Texas Dept. of Transportation, Austin, Office of Research and Technology Transfer.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
- Lomax, T J
- Publication Date: 1995-9
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Guidelines; High occupancy vehicle lanes; Implementation; Operations; Planning
- Old TRIS Terms: Support systems
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Research; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00729931
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TX-95-2902-1
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Dec 27 1997 12:00AM