MAGNETIC FLUX LEAKAGE INSPECTION OF GAS PIPELINES: THE EFFECTS OF BIAXIAL STRESS. TOPICAL REPORT, APRIL 1993-SEPTEMBER 1995
The project is a component of the GRI program, 'Characterization of Magnetic Flux Leakage (MFL) Indications Found During In-Line Inspection of Natural Gas Transmission Pipelines'. The objective of the greater project was to investigate the effects of pipeline parameters and MFL inspection variables on corrosion, defect characterization. The work of SwRI, the subject of this report, concerns the effect of biaxial pipe wall stress.
- Sponsored by Gas Research Institute, Chicago, Transmission Business Unit.
Southwest Research Institute6220 Culebra Road, P.O. Drawer 28510
San Antonio, TX United States 78228-0510
- CROUCH, A E
- Beissner, R E
- Burkhardt, G L
- BRUTON, F A
- Publication Date: 1996-3
- Pagination: 84 p.
- TRT Terms: Biaxial stress; Detectors; Flaw detection; Gas pipelines; Inspection equipment; Leakage
- Old TRIS Terms: Magnetic flaw detection
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Pipelines;
- Accession Number: 00729927
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: GRI-95-0484
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 26 1997 12:00AM