IMPLEMENTATION OF A STANDARD FORMAT FOR GPS COMMON VIEW DATA
A new format for standardizing common view time transfer data, recommended by the Consultative Committee for the Definition of the Second, is being implemented in receivers commonly used for contributing data for the generation of International Atomic Time. The paper discusses three aspects of this new format that potentially improve GPS common view time transfer: 1) the standard specifies the method for treating short term data, 2) it presents data in consistent formats including needed terms not previously available, and 3) the standard includes a header of parameters important for the GPS common view process.
- Also available as N95-32323, order as N95-32319. Pub. in Annual Precise Time and Time Interval (PTTI) Applications and Planning Meeting (26th), Reston, VA, December 6-8, 1994, pp 75-84. Not available NTIS.
National Institute of Standards and TechnologyTime and Frequency Division
Boulder, CO United States 80302
- Weiss, M A
- Thomas, C
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Data management; Global Positioning System; Information processing; Instruments for measuring time; Standardization
- Old TRIS Terms: Time measurements
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00729926
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 26 1997 12:00AM