INDUCTRACK CONCEPT: A NEW APPROACH TO MAGNETIC LEVITATION
This report describes theoretical and experimental investigations of a new approach to the problem of the magnetic levitation of a moving object. By contrast with previously studied levitation approaches, the Indutrack concept represents a simpler, potentially less expensive and totally passive means of levitating a high speed train. It may also be applicable to other areas where simpler magnetic levitation systems are needed, for example, high-speed test sleds for crash testing applications, or low-friction conveyer systems for industrial use.
- Sponsored by Department of Energy, Washington, DC.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory7000 East Avenue
Livermore, CA United States 94550
- Post, R F
- Ryutov, D
- Publication Date: 1995-5
- Pagination: 85 p.
- TRT Terms: Conveyors; Crash tests; Friction tests; High speed rail; Magnetic levitation; Sled tests
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00729906
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UCRL-ID-124115
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 16 1997 12:00AM