ASSESSMENT OF THE CONSTRUCTION ADVERTISEMENT DATE PROCESS WITHIN THE VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
At any given time, there are typically 3,500 highway construction projects being prepared for advertisement by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT). To determine why some of these projects miss their advertisement dates, this study analyzed the process used to establish them. Because VDOT's preconstruction engineering process relies on the Program Project Monitoring System (PPMS) to relay information, the researchers devoted a significant amount of time to analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of this system.
- Record URL:
- Sponsored by Virginia Dept. of Transportation, Richmond.
Charlottesville, VA United States 22903
- Wells, D T
- O'Leary, A A
- Gillespie, J S
- Publication Date: 1996-1
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Advertising; Contracting; Highway engineering; Road construction
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00729894
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTRC-96-R15
- Files: NTL, TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Dec 12 1997 12:00AM