NATIONAL MARINE POLICY
This document presents Canada's new National Marine Policy, a major component of the federal strategy to strengthen the nation's transportation system. The objectives of the new policy include ensuring effective and safe marine transport services, encouraging fair competition, shifting the financial burden for marine transportation from the Canadian taxpayer to the user and reducing infrastructure and service levels where appropriate. Aspects of the new policy reviewed in the document include the proposed National Marine Act; a reorganized ports system; commercialization of the St. Lawrence Seaway; support for ferry services; and maintenance of an effective pilotage regime. Appendices include lists of ports.
Transport Canada330 Sparks Street, Tower C, 8th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1A 0N5
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pagination: 64 p.
- TRT Terms: Policy; Transportation policy; Water transportation
- Geographic Terms: Canada; United States
- Old TRIS Terms: National transportation policies
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00729885
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 10 1997 12:00AM