HIGHWAY COST ALLOCATION UPDATE, 1996. OVERVIEW AND SUMMARY
Primary objectives of the current highway cost allocation study - the seventh of a recent series begun in 1982 - include the following: to determine an equitable assignment of cost responsibility to the various classes of highway users in Kentucky; to estimate revenue contributions from these classes based on current taxation policy; to determine the extent to which each user class is meeting its cost responsibility; to evaluate trends in cost responsibility, revenue contributions, and revenue-to-cost ratio; to evaluate the equality of proposed changes to Kentucky tax statutes; and to evaluate the efficiency with which certain of Kentucky's taxes are being collected.
- Record URL:
- See also PB96-196423.
University of Kentucky, LexingtonKentucky Transportation Center
College of Engineering, 176 Raymond Building
Lexington, KY United States 40506-0281
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet200 Mero Street
Frankfort, KY United States 40622
- Deacon, J A
- Pigman, J G
- Publication Date: 1996-1
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost allocation; Costs; Highways; Revenues; Taxation
- Uncontrolled Terms: User costs
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00729871
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: University of Kentucky, Lexington
- Report/Paper Numbers: KTC-96-2
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Dec 6 1997 12:00AM