DATA FUSION ALGORITHM FOR THE VESSEL TRAFFIC SERVICES SYSTEM. A FUZZY ASSOCIATIVE SYSTEM APPROACH
This thesis develops an algorithm to fuse redundant radar observations caused by multiple radar coverage of a vessel. Additionally, the algorithm automates track history and improves position accuracy by incorporating differential Global Positioning System (GPS) reports. The algorithm uses fuzzy membership functions as a measure of correlation and a fuzzy associative system to determine which observations represent the same vessel. The use of the fuzzy associative system produces a computationally efficient algorithm. A track correlation technique is used to automate the track history thereby reducing operator workload.
Naval Postgraduate School1 University Circle
Monterey, CA United States 93943
- Ruthenberg, T M
- Publication Date: 1995-3
- Pagination: 109 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamic positioning; Fusion; Fuzzy sets; Global Positioning System; Tracking systems; Vessel traffic control
- Old TRIS Terms: Positioning control systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00729863
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 4 1997 12:00AM