THE USE OF ECONOMIC INSTRUMENTS IN URBAN TRAVEL MANAGEMENT. DIFFERENT WAYS OF CHARGING TRAFFIC AT LOCAL LEVEL AND ITS IMPLEMENTATION, CONFERENCE HELD JUNE 18-19, 1992, BASEL, SWITZERLAND.
This is the proceedings of a conference organised by the Wirtschaftswissenschaftliches Zentrum (WWZ) of the University of Basel, and held on 18-19 June 1992. The theme of the conference was the use of economic instruments, including road pricing, in urban traffic control and travel management. Its first session introduced the conference's background and objectives, and included papers on the need to pay the full costs of transport, sustainable development as a goal in urban transport policies, and the implications of urban travel management for urban structure and development. The papers of the second session cover theoretical concepts and practical applications in England, Norway and Sweden. The papers of the third session present examples of relevant research work in Switzerland, and include case studies of three Swiss cities. The papers of the final session cover miscellaneous topics: car parking management, alternatives to road pricing, energy and environment aspects, the effects of urban transport investment, and lessons from existing and proposed schemes. For individual abstracts see IRRD 885093-885107.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/3909162002
UNIVERSITY OF BASEL, CENTRE OF ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS ADMINISTRATIONPETERSGRABEN 51
BASEL, Switzerland CH 4003
- Publication Date: 1992
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 229 p.
- Issue Number: WWZ REPORT 37
- TRT Terms: City planning; Conferences; Costs; Development; Economic factors; Economics; Energy; Environment; Investments; Land use; Policy; Road pricing; Traffic control; Transportation; Urban areas
- Geographic Terms: Norway; Sweden; Switzerland; United Kingdom
- ITRD Terms: 8525: Conference; 224: Cost; 9013: Development; 263: Economics of transport; 213: Energy; 2455: Environment; 227: Investment; 356: Land use; 8084: Norway; 173: Policy; 240: Road pricing; 8109: Sweden; 8110: Switzerland; 354: Town planning; 654: Traffic control; 8119: United Kingdom; 313: Urban area
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Operations and Traffic Management; Policy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00729806
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport Research Laboratory
- ISBN: 3-909162-00-2
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Dec 26 1996 12:00AM