FRENCH EXPERTISE IN ROAD MAINTENANCE
The document shows how French expertise in road maintenance has been used both in France and overseas. Part 1, "Road Maintenance Management", presents the general methodology, developed by road managers in the French Administration, with respect to work at three levels: (1) central level (road maintenance policy); (2) regional level (programmes); and (3) local level (completion and supervision of works). Part 2, "Examples in France", describes two types of applications of the general approach developed in Part 1. Firstly, it covers the main directions adopted in the area of general organisation of road maintenance: special methods and materials developed in France, pavement maintenance technology, and principal management tools. Secondly, it discusses the specific methods applied to the maintenance of different types of road networks: motorways operated by a concessionaire, state-operated motorways and national roads, departmental roads, and district roads. Part 3, "French Engineering outside France", describes some examples of projects, undertaken during the last ten years by French experts outside France, as part of technical assistance assignments, training, or technology transfer in road maintenance. The countries that have benefited are Bangladesh, the Republic of Korea, Mexico, and seven African countries.
INSTITUT DES SCIENCES ET DES TECHNIQUES DE L'EQUIPEMENT ET DE L'ENVIRONMENT POUR LE DEVELOPPEMENT (ISTED)GRANDE ARCHE, PAROI SUD
PARIS-LA DEFENSE, CEDEX 04 France 92055
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pagination: 141 p.
- TRT Terms: Arterial highways; Building materials; Developing countries; Education; Federal government; Freeways; Highways; Maintenance; Networks; Pavement management systems; Policy; Private enterprise; Roads
- Uncontrolled Terms: Road networks
- Geographic Terms: Africa; Bangladesh; France; Mexico; South Korea
- ITRD Terms: 8001: Africa; 8140: Bangladesh; 150: Developing countries; 2284: Education; 8036: France; 183: Government (national); 2755: Highway; 2748: Main road; 3847: Maintenance; 4555: Material (constr); 8072: Mexico; 2752: Motorway; 3037: Pavement management system; 173: Policy; 9118: Private; 8092: Republic of korea; 1053: Road network
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Pavements; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00729797
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport Research Laboratory
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Dec 26 1996 12:00AM