MOVING FORWARD: A BUSINESS STRATEGY FOR TRANSPORT
The report is a Confederation of British Industry (CBI) agenda for action by UK Government and business working together to develop a better transport system. It identifies action for both short term and medium term. In the short term, more investment in public transport and more efficient use of the existing network is needed. It is suggested that an improved fiscal and pricing regime is needed in the medium term, to determine how to use and invest in the transport network. Recent progress is discussed and the remaining challenges are examined in a series of exhibits covering the management of congestion, staff efficiency, traffic flows, taxation, atmospheric emissions and the link between GDP and traffic. The need for Government leadership is explained and the role of greater investment considered. The CBI's statement of principles for business and sustainable development is given in an Appendix.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/085201502X
Confederation of British Industry (CBI)Centre Point, 103 New Oxford Street
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Economics; Environment; Financing; Forecasting; Investments; Planning; Policy; Traffic congestion
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- ITRD Terms: 632: Congestion (traffic); 255: Economics; 2455: Environment; 244: Financing; 132: Forecast; 227: Investment; 143: Planning; 173: Policy; 8119: United Kingdom
- Subject Areas: Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00729673
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport Research Laboratory
- ISBN: 085201 502 X
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Dec 26 1996 12:00AM