CAR OF TOMORROW, PLAN OF ACTION
On the initiative of European Transport Commissioners, the Task Force Car of Tomorrow was set up in May 1995. In this action plan issues are identified to illustrate the need for Europe to produce world class vehicles that are efficient, clean, and safe and fully integrated with future transport systems. The action plan results from consultations with representatives of users and manufacturing organisations. It contains an inventory of the current European situation. Current actions at the public, private, national or European Community level are identified. Research priorities and technological objectives are defined. A regrouping of projects selected in the programmes of the Fourth RDT Framework Programme is suggested. It is planned to encourage the development of a number of propulsion technology options against defined targets and timescales for harmful emissions reduction, energy efficiency and fleet average consumption. Technologies that it is suggested should be investigated include fuel cells, battery electric and hybrid electric vehicles and emission reducing technologies for internal combustion engines.
EUROPEAN COMMISSIONDGXII/F, RUE MONTOYER 75
BRUSSELS, Belgium B-1040
- Publication Date: 1995-12-22
- Pagination: 12P + XI p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality management; Automobiles; Electric vehicles; Energy conservation; Environment; Legislation; Pollutants
- Identifier Terms: European Commission; European Union
- Geographic Terms: Europe
- ITRD Terms: 1243: Car; 1282: Electric vehicle; 2442: Emission; 2433: Emission control; 212: Energy conservation; 2455: Environment; 8303: EU; 8034: Europe; 1556: Legislation
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Law;
- Accession Number: 00729671
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport Research Laboratory
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Dec 26 1996 12:00AM