A STANDARD DRIVING SIMULATOR DATABASE FOR STUDIES ON THE RELATION BETWEEN ROAD DESIGN AND TRAFFIC BEHAVIOUR
BASISONTWERP DATABASE "RELATIE CATEGORIE, VORMGEVING EN GEBRUIK WEGEN"
In the near future, research within the "relation road type, road design and traffic behaviour" project will address the relation between road design and traffic behaviour. It is intended to perform a second experiment in 1996, using the TNO driving simulator. The aim is to generalize the results of the first study carried out in 1995 to a dynamic environment. This report describes the database for the driving simulator experiment. The database consists of a flexible basic road network, with detailed characteristics that can be specified separately. For each road link and crossing a number of characteristics have to be specified. A survey is given of optional design characteristics. Finally, a description is given of the planned simulator experiment. See also IRRD 884132.
TNO INFRASTRUCTUUR, TRANSPORT EN REGIONALE ONTWIKKELING INROPO BOX 6041
DELFT, Netherlands 2600 JA
- KAPTEIN, N A
- Theeuwes, J
- Hoekstra, W
- Publication Date: 1996-2
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- Issue Number: TM-96-C014
- TRT Terms: Behavior; Classification; Data banks; Driving; Intersections; Layout; Photography; Rural areas; Simulation; Traffic lanes
- ITRD Terms: 9001: Behaviour; 2992: Carriageway; 8513: Classification; 8614: Database; 1855: Driving (veh); 455: Junction; 2885: Layout; 6751: Photography; 328: Rural area; 9103: Simulation
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00729593
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Dec 26 1996 12:00AM