CURVE SQUEAL NOISE BY TRAMS. PART 2. WHEEL/RAIL INTERACTION
The curve squeal noise by trams is a tonal noise of high amplitude produced by the wheel when negotiating sharp curves. A theoretical mode to predict the noise and study the influence of different mechanical parameters in the generation of noise is presented. This report describes the wheel-rail interactions.
- Figures in this document may not be legible in microfiche. Also pub. as Technische Univ. Delft, Faculty of Technical Mathematics and Informatics rept. no. REPT-95-119. See also Part 2, PB96-208244.
Delft University of TechnologyFaculty of Technical Mathematics and Informatics, 1 Berlageweg
2208 Delft, Netherlands
- Periard, F
- KALKER, J J
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Car wheels (Railroads); Noise; Noise generators; Railroads; Steering
- Subject Areas: Environment; Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00729001
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 4 1996 12:00AM