ADDRESSING SECURITY ISSUES IN ITS/ATMS
The objectives of this report were to create an awareness of security issues surrounding emerging Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) and Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS) technologies and to provide recommendations to address those issues. In order to determine the transportation industry's security needs relating to ITS and ATMS technologies, an interview process was undertaken. Breaches of security involving field equipment, ATMS centers, and computer systems were identified through telephone interviews conducted with industry experts. This paper presents the findings of the interview process as well as a discussion of recent security problems faced by other technology-based industries.
- This paper was published in a compilation entitled, "Compendium: Graduate Student Papers on Advanced Surface Transportation Systems".
Texas A&M University, College StationFaculty Exchange Box H
College Station, TX United States 77843
- Brehmer, C L
- Publication Date: 1996-8
- Features: Appendices; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Computers; Expert evidence; Highway traffic control; Intelligent transportation systems; Interviewing; Security
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computer systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Expert testimony; Field equipment
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Security and Emergencies; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00728847
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SWUTC/96/72840-00003-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 1 1996 12:00AM