BUILDING CODE REQUIREMENTS FOR STRUCTURAL CONCRETE (ACI 318-95) AND COMMENTARY (ACI 318R-95)
The code portion of this document covers the proper design and construction of buildings of structural concrete. The code has been written in such form that it may be adopted by reference in a general building code. Among the subjects covered are: drawings and specifications; inspection; materials; durability requirements; concrete quality, mixing, and placing; formwork; embedded pipes and construction joints; reinforcement details; analysis and design; strength and serviceability; flexural and axial loads; shear and torsion; development and splices of reinforcement; slab systems; walls; footings; precast concrete; composite flexural members; prestressed concrete; shells and folded plate members; strength evaluation of existing structures; special provisions for seismic design; structural plain concrete; an alternate design method in Appendix A; unified design provisions in Appendix B; and alternative load and strength reduction factors in Appendix C. The commentary discusses some of the considerations of the committee in developing the code with emphasis given to the explanations of new or revised provisions that may be unfamiliar to code users.
- Reported by ACI Committee 318.
Farmington Hills, MI United States 48331
- Publication Date: 1995-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 370 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Building codes; Concrete; Concrete construction; Concrete mixing; Concrete placing; Durability; Earthquake resistant design; Footings; Formwork; Inspection; Loads; Materials; Plates (Engineering); Precast concrete; Prestressed concrete; Quality control; Reinforced concrete; Shear strength; Shells (Structural forms); Slabs; Specifications; Strength of materials; Structural design; Torsion; Walls
- Uncontrolled Terms: Concrete strength; Quality
- Old TRIS Terms: Folded plates
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Materials; I32: Concrete;
- Accession Number: 00728842
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ACI 318-95, ACI 318R-95
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 28 1996 12:00AM