GUIDE FOR THE USE OF SILICA FUME IN CONCRETE
This report describes the following: the physical and chemical properties of silica fume; how silica fume interacts with portland cement; the effects of silica fume on the properties of fresh and hardened concrete; recent typical applications of silica fume concrete; how silica fume concrete is proportioned, specified, and handled in the field; and areas where additional research is needed.
- Reported by ACI Committee 234.
Farmington Hills, MI United States 48331
- Publication Date: 1996-6
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 51 p.
- TRT Terms: Applications; Concrete; Guidelines; Impacts; Portland cement; Properties of materials; Proportioning; Recommendations; Silica fume
- Old TRIS Terms: Silica fume concrete
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials; Research; I32: Concrete;
- Accession Number: 00728840
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ACI 234R-96
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 27 1996 12:00AM