ASPHALT EMULSION BOUND MACADAM IN DUBUQUE COUNTY, IOWA
This construction report describes a project investigating macadam base construction of roads. The objectives of this project were to: 1. identify a cost effective asphalt emulsion bound macadam typical cross section; 2. obtain useful data comparing seven typical cross sections; 3. determine the effectiveness of engineering fabric placed under macadam roadbeds; and 4. evaluate the use of emulsions in surface seal coats.
- Construction Report, Iowa Highway Research Board, Project HR-216. U.S. Department of Transportation contract.
Iowa Department of Transportation800 Lincoln Way
Ames, IA United States 50010
- Baule, C L
- Publication Date: 1981-1
- Features: Appendices; Photos;
- Pagination: 113 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt emulsions; Base course (Pavements); Emulsions; Macadam; Paving; Road construction; Seal coats; Subgrade (Pavements); Surfaces
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Pavements; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways;
- Accession Number: 00728837
- Record Type: Publication
- Contract Numbers: DTFH-71-80-55-IA-D2
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Nov 27 1996 12:00AM