IOWA RESEARCH WITH CHEM-CRETE BITUMEN. CONSTRUCTION REPORT
The primary objective of this research proposal is to determine if Chem-Crete Bitumen will provide significantly improved performance of the mix designs used. The secondary objective is to determine if a satisfactory asphalt concrete base can be made using a poorly graded sand. It can be concluded that the Chem-Crete test segments did exhibit better load carrying characteristics than the control segments. It can also be concluded from the crack survey that the Chem-Crete test segments exhibited poorer flexibility than the control segments.
- Iowa Highway Research Board Project HR-226.
Iowa Department of Transportation800 Lincoln Way
Ames, IA United States 50010
- Jespersen, D
- Jones, K B
- Publication Date: 1981-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt concrete; Bitumen; Flexibility; Load limits; Materials tests; Mix design; Pavement performance; Sand
- Uncontrolled Terms: Load carrying capacity
- Geographic Terms: Iowa
- Old TRIS Terms: Bitumen tests; Chem-crete
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials; I31: Bituminous Binders and Materials;
- Accession Number: 00728831
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 226
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Nov 26 1996 12:00AM