INTERMODAL HANDLING EQUIPMENT - THE WORLD MARKET
This Jane's Special Report provides assessments of the potential markets for intermodal handling equipment that exist or are likely to arise during the period to the year 2000. These are presented in conjunction with assessments of capabilities and general statements of the marketplace prospects of the leading handling equipment suppliers. It is intended to provide a single reference source for all who seek an overview of regional trends in intermodal transportation and of developments on the supply side. This report is designed to address the probable requirements for intermodal transportation handling equipment for the period to the year 2000 and in some respects into the earlier years of the 21st century. The geographical scope of this report is world wide, with the exception of the United States and Canada. This report has approached the market requirements via: an examination of planned and proposed port and terminal developments; an examination of national proposals for the improvement of road and rail infrastructure; consideration of general trends in transportation in relation to evolving technology; consideration of the age profile of existing equipment inventories; and consideration of some evolving requirements in selected key industries.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0710613903
- Jane's Special Report.
Jane's Information GroupSentinel House, 163 Brighton Road
Coulsdon, Surrey United Kingdom CR5 2YH
- Reed, J
- Publication Date: 1996-3
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 116 p.
- TRT Terms: Age; Cargo handling equipment; Earth; Freight terminals; Infrastructure; Intermodal terminals; Intermodal transportation; Markets; Ports; Railroads; Roads; Specifications; Suppliers; Technology
- Uncontrolled Terms: Requirements
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Freight Transportation; Highways; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00728825
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0710613903
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 25 1996 12:00AM