U.S. COMPETITIVE HIGHWAY TRANSPORTATION INFRASTRUCTURE: BENEFITS AND ACTIONS
The United States has a strategic opportunity with the Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) to rebuild its electronics manufacturing base and to alter its global economic position. Efficient investment of the nation's immense resources into a future transportation infrastructure will help re-establish the nation's leadership in high technology industries and contribute to its national security. The creation of a seamless system that aids the United States competitiveness in an ecologically sensitive, energy-efficient manner will enhance the quality of life for all Americans in tangible and intangible ways. The nationwide implementation of ITS is an enormous effort. The United States needs a multifaceted strategy to meet this challenge.
- Sponsored by National Center for Mfg. Sciences, Ann Arbor, MI. Available only in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
Hall and AssociatesLos Altos, CA United States
- Publication Date: 1993-3
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic factors; Ecosystems; Infrastructure; Intelligent transportation systems; International; Strategic planning; Technological innovations
- Old TRIS Terms: Ecological effects
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00728745
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: NCMS-182RE93C
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 25 1996 12:00AM