BUILDING LIVABLE COMMUNITIES THROUGH TRANSPORTATION
The Federal Transit Administration and the Federal Highway Administration are committed to rebuilding America's infrastructure in a way that supports the community's needs. The Livable Communities program supports the vision of putting people first in transportation planning and development. This report shares the stories of five projects: Los Angeles, CA; Clarksdale, MS; New York, NY, Corpus Christi, TX; and San Francisco, CA. Each project emphasizes a different aspect of the planning process DOT advocates. Following each project is a supplemental case that describes how another facility handled a similar challenge. The facts and contacts for the projects and supplemental cases, the location of regional offices of the FTA, FHWA and other organizations, are listed.
- Record URL:
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1996-10
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Communities; Customer service; Infrastructure; Livability; Quality of life; Transportation planning; Urban development
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00728725
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Transit Administration
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 27 1996 12:00AM