BUILDING ON THE PAST TRAVELING TO THE FUTURE. A PRESERVATIONIST'S GUIDE TO THE ISTEA TRANSPORTATION ENHANCEMENT PROVISION
Under the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act of 1991, historic preservation and highway communities have opportunities, such as the funding for Transportation Enhancement Activities, to reaffirm existing partnerships and establish new ones. The National Trust for Historic Preservation and the Federal Highway Administration prepared this booklet to describe some of the Transportation Enhancement projects. These projects demonstrate that historic preservation is not only rewarding on its own terms; investment in historic preservation can also help revitalize a neighborhood, rebuild a community, and stimulate economic growth.
Federal Highway AdministrationOffice of Environment and Planning, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
National Trust for Historic Preservation1785 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Publication Date: 1996
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Historic preservation; Improvements; Intermodal transportation; Redevelopment; Transportation
- Identifier Terms: Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act of 1991
- Uncontrolled Terms: Revitalization
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation enhancement
- Subject Areas: History; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General); I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00728724
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Transit Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 27 1996 12:00AM