URBAN GOODS TRANSPORTATION: A LITERATURE REVIEW
NAERINGSRELATERT GODSTRANSPORT I BYER: EN KUNNSKAPSOVERSIKT
This report is a survey of recent and present research in the field of urban goods movement. Important subjects are the structure of freight transportation and the goods and transportation volumes it represents. The report indicates how localization of terminals and distribution centers affect traffic volumes, transportation costs and efficiency, problems with distribution in cities and actions to be taken. The main conclusion is that there is lack of updated statistics and data describing urban goods movements. Finally, the need for further research on the matter of urban goods movement is outlined.
- Text in Norwegian; summary in English.
Norwegian Institute of Transport EconomicsGransesvingen 7, P.O. Box 6110, Etterstad
Oslo, Norway N-0602
- Barlaup, T
- Publication Date: 1995-12
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Economic efficiency; Freight transportation; Traffic volume; Urban goods movement
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Highways; Society;
- Accession Number: 00728714
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TOI-1022-1995
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 25 1996 12:00AM