LOCALISATION OF BUSINESS/SERVICES. CONSEQUENCES FOR TRANSPORT AND THE ENVIRONMENT. A LITERATURE STUDY
LOKALISERING AV VIRKSOMHETER. KOSEKVENSER FOR TRANSPORT OG MILJOE: EN LITTERATURSTUDIE
The report presents recent studies about the relationship between land use and traffic generation. The focus is on the localization of jobs, superstores/shopping centers and other services. The studies show that there are strong relationships between localization pattern and traffic generation. Furthermore, the studies indicate that parking opportunities close to work may significantly influence the modal split. To reduce the need for car transport, employment opportunities, retail trade and personal services should preferably be located at local or regional mass transit terminals.
- Text in Norwegian; summary in English.
Norwegian Institute of Transport EconomicsGransesvingen 7, P.O. Box 6110, Etterstad
Oslo, Norway N-0602
- FOSLI, O
- Publication Date: 1995-12
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Business districts; Employment; Land use; Parking facilities; Trip generation
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00728713
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TOI-1021-1995
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 25 1996 12:00AM