HAZARDOUS MATERIALS SHIPPING GUIDE
DOT's Hazardous Materials Regulations address special requirements for packaging, marking, labeling, shipping papers, placarding, emergency response information, training, and motor carrier safety regulations, including driver qualifications, records, and notifications. The Hazardous Materials Shipping Guide covers several of these topics, provides BPA procedures in the appendices addressing others and gives reference to published documents/pocketbooks that outline the requirements for all of them. DOT's hazardous materials regulations apply equally to hazardous wastes; however, BPA's Identified Waste Stream (IWS) Handbook provides detailed guidance for BPA's waste streams.
- Sponsored by Department of Energy, Washington, DC.
Bonneville Power Administration1002 Northeast Holladay
Portland, OR United States 97211
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pagination: 294 p.
- TRT Terms: Coding systems; Hazardous materials; Hazardous wastes; Regulations; Shipping; Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Hazardous materials transportation; Regulations (Hazardous materials); Shipping codes
- Subject Areas: Law; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General); I82: Accidents and Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00728708
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOE-BP-I-9526
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 25 1996 12:00AM