LIFE CYCLE ASSESSMENT OF ROADS: AN INVENTORY MODEL STUDY
LIVSCYKELANALYS AV VAEG: EN MODELLSTUDIE FOER INVENTERING
In cooperation with the Swedish National Road Administration, the Swedish Environmental Research Institute (IVL) has performed a basic life cycle assessment covering the inventory part for road construction, road maintenance and road operation. This work is a preliminary study where the system has been studied in terms of life cycle assessment methodology. A complete life cycle of a road has been investigated including production of raw materials, production of construction products, the construction process, maintenance and operation of the road and finally the disposal/reuse of the road at the end of the life cycle (end of the analyzed time period).
- Text in Swedish; summary in English.
Swedish Environmental Research InstituteStockholm, Sweden
- STRIPPLE, H
- Publication Date: 1995-11
- Pagination: 214 p.
- TRT Terms: Highway maintenance; Inventory; Life cycle analysis; Road construction
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation;
- Accession Number: 00728703
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: IVL-B-1210
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 24 1996 12:00AM