ALTERNATIVE FUEL TRANSIT BUSES. THE PIERCE TRANSIT SUCCESS STORY
In 1986, Pierce Transit made a commitment to the future of transportation industry and the environment by deciding to put buses powered by compressed natural gas (CNG) into everyday service. Ten years, a new facility, 58 CNG buses, and countless phone calls later, CNG is no longer a novelty; it is business as usual. This pamphlet is one of the reports published by NREL describing events and conclusions related to alternative fuel vehicles and alternative fuels.
National Renewable Energy Laboratory1617 Cole Boulevard
Golden, CO United States 80401
- Publication Date: 1996-10
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternate fuels; Bus transit; Compressed natural gas
- Subject Areas: Highways; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00728649
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DE96013104,, NREL-SO-425-21606
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 9 1996 12:00AM