VARIATIONS OF TINE TEXTURING OF PCC PAVEMENT. FINAL REPORT
Seven experimental texture sections were constructed on the Polk-Jasper RP-163-1(50)--16--77 project just east of Des Moines. The experimental sections included two groove depths for a longitudinal tine texture and 13 mm (1/2 in.), 19 mm (1 in.) and variable spaced transverse tine textures. An artificial turf textured section was also included. Friction values and a rating of objectionable noise were determined for all sections. All transverse tine textures generated a high level of objectionable noise. The longitudinal tine texture was rated very good in regard to objectionable noise. At this time, all tined textures are providing satisfactory friction values.
- Record URL:
Ames, IA United States 50010
- Marks, V J
- Publication Date: 1996-8
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Friction factor; Portland cement concrete; Rolling contact; Surface friction (Geophysics); Texture; Tires; Traffic noise
- Old TRIS Terms: Surface friction
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Pavements; Vehicles and Equipment; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways;
- Accession Number: 00728638
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: MLR-93-4
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Nov 4 1996 12:00AM