A REVIEW OF THE CURRENT FUNCTIONS OF INDEPENDENT TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITIES IN FLORIDA THAT OWN OR OPERATE ROADWAYS OR BRIDGES OR TOLL FACILITIES
This report is a review of the current functions of the expressway authorities, transportation authorities, and other transportation special districts or entities created by or pursuant to law that own or operate roadways, bridges, or toll facilities. The advantages and disadvantages of public authorities and, specifically, of expressway authorities are presented. Relevant parts of the Florida Expressway Authority Act (Chapter 348, Part I, FS) are discussed. This report contains detailed information for each of the individual expressway authorities and summarizes the role that expressway authorities play in the transportation planning process.
- Prepared for The Florida Legislature.
University of South Florida, TampaCenter for Urban Transportation Research, 4202 East Fowler Avenue
Tampa, FL United States 33620-5375
- Publication Date: 1996-10
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridges; Districts and authorities; Expressways; Functions (Mathematics); Government agencies; Operations; Reviews; Roads; Toll facilities; Transportation; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Authority
- Geographic Terms: Florida
- Old TRIS Terms: Functions
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Bridges and other structures; Planning and Forecasting; Terminals and Facilities; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00728614
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 22 1996 12:00AM