PRECAST/PRESTRESSED CONCRETE PARKING STRUCTURES
Precast/prestressed concrete has become the structural system of choice for parking structures. Precast/prestressed concrete offers many benefits: (1) Durability -- low water/cement ratio, greater compressive strength, superior air entrainment, controlled curing, controlled drainage; (2) Cost Effectiveness -- early fabrication, fewer weather delays, fewer on-site labor delays, few site access problems, and once erected it is ready for other contractors to proceed with their work; (3) Low Maintenance -- no significant staining, discoloration or surface decay; and (4) Aesthetic Assets -- flexibility with curvilinear shapes, reveals and joints, aggregates and cements, masonry veneers, and stone veneers.
Chicago, IL United States 60606
- Publication Date: 1988
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Aesthetics; Cost effectiveness; Durability; Maintenance management; Parking garages; Precast concrete; Prestressed concrete
- Uncontrolled Terms: Maintenance costs
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Terminals and Facilities; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00728603
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 15 1996 12:00AM