INFRASTRUCTURE IN THE 21ST CENTURY ECONOMY: AN INTERIM REPORT - VOLUME 1: THE DIMENSIONS OF PUBLIC WORKS' EFFECTS ON GROWTH AND INDUSTRY
This interim report is a follow-up to a July 1993 publication entitled "Infrastructure in the 21st Century Economy: A Review of the Issues and Outline of a Study of the Impacts of Federal Infrastructure Investments" (IWR Report 93-FIS-4). That first report described the beginning of the effort in which the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers presented a "strawman" scope of work to three different panels composed of professional economists and other staff from Federal agencies, Congress and academia, and solicited participation in devising a concrete research plan. The report focused on infrastructure spending in transportation (mass transit, aviation and highways), waste management, and water (wastewater treatment, water resources and water supply). This report describes developments since that initial workplan was articulated and is printed in three volumes. This volume, Volume 1, contains an overview of the research effort as it is now being implemented, namely three related research tracks to capture the different dimensions of infrastructure's effects on the economy. These tracts are: a Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) approach; an econometric cost function/productivity approach; and an endogenous dynamic growth approach.
- See also Volume 2 (IWR Report 94-FIS-8) and Volume 3 (IWR Report 94-FIS-9).
U.S. Army Corps of EngineersWater Resources Support Center, Casey Building, 7701 Telegraph Road
Alexandria, VA United States 22315-3868
- Gordon, C
- Publication Date: 1994-2
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 61 p.
- TRT Terms: Aviation; Economic development; Economic growth; Federal government agencies; Harbors; Highways; Infrastructure; Inland waterways; Investments; Ports; Public transit; Sewage treatment; Ship pilotage; Waste management; Water resources
- Old TRIS Terms: Water supply
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation; Economics; Highways; Marine Transportation; Public Transportation; Society; Terminals and Facilities; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00728461
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: IWR Report 94-FIS-7
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 20 1996 12:00AM