IOWA RAILROAD TRACK GEOMETRY RATINGS - JULY 1978
Comprehensive test results from the use of a track geometry car by the Iowa Department of Transportation are given, along with the explanation of the method of rating track. The track geometry rating is calculated for each one-mile segment of track in the state. The final rating is a composite of separate calculations for track gage and cross level, with equal weight being given each. Details for rating of 6,550 miles of Iowa track are given; an additional 960 miles have not been rated for various reasons. Inspectors rated 62.2% of all track in good condition, 37.6% in fair condition, and 0.2% in critical condition.
Ames, IA United States 50010
- Publication Date: 1978-7
- Pagination: 409 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Cross sections; Gage (Rails); Inspection; Inspection cars; Railroad tracks; Regulations; Safety; Standards; State government; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track geometry
- Geographic Terms: Iowa
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical techniques; Cross level; Government regulations; Track gauge; Track inspection; Track standards
- Subject Areas: Law; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00728437
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Nov 15 1996 12:00AM