GUIDE TO SLOPE MAINTENANCE
This Geoguide presents a recommended standard of good practice for the maintenance of man-made slopes and retaining walls. It is aimed primarily at the engineering profession, but will be of use to others concerned with slope and retaining wall maintenance. Chapter 1 provides an introduction. Chapter 2 describes the recommended approach to maintenance management and provides guidance on the necessary action to be taken for slopes and retaining walls. In addition, the importance of a maintenance manual and of maintenance records is highlighted. Chapter 3 provides guidance on the scope of routine maintenance inspections and recommends the minimum requirements for the frequency and personnel for these inspections. Typical maintenance works that may be necessary following routine maintenance inspections are also outlined. Chapter 4 defines the scope of engineer inspection for maintenance and recommends the appropriate frequency and personnel for these inspections. Guidance on technical aspects of the inspection is also provided. Chapter 5 outlines the need for, and the types of, regular monitoring of special measures. Chapter 6 lists information providers along with their addresses and telephone numbers.
Government of Hong KongGeotechnical Engineering Office, 101 Princess Margaret Road
Homantin, Kowloon, Hong Kong China
- Publication Date: 1995-7
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 92 p.
- TRT Terms: Guides to information; Inspection; Maintenance; Maintenance management; Manuals; Monitoring; Recordkeeping; Retaining walls; Slopes; Standards
- Old TRIS Terms: Guides; Maintenance standards
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; I42: Soil Mechanics; I61: Equipment and Maintenance Methods;
- Accession Number: 00727362
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Geoguide 5
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1996 12:00AM