SNOW AND ICE CONTROL: A BEST PRACTICES REVIEW
The purpose of this report is to catalog effective methods of snow and ice control, demonstrate the conditions under which they may be successful, and encourage their adoption wherever appropriate throughout Minnesota. It is to be used as a source of ideas--both old and new--that may be helpful to jurisdictions facing the challenge of keeping roads safe and passable. The report is organized as follows: Executive Summary; Introduction; (1) Background; (2) Actions for Effective Snow and Ice Control; (3) Examples of Best Practices; (4) Discussion (Trends and Observations; Constraints and Limitations; Additional Research); Appendices; Glossary; and Invitation for Reader Comments and Reactions.
- Record URL:
Minnesota Office of the Legislative AuditorCentennial Office Building, 658 Cedar Street
St Paul, MN United States 55155
- Publication Date: 1995-5
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 164 p.
- TRT Terms: Case studies; Constraints; Local government; Research; Snow and ice control; Trend (Statistics); Winter maintenance
- Geographic Terms: Minnesota
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Research; I62: Winter Maintenance;
- Accession Number: 00727360
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Report 95-06
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1996 12:00AM