ROADS AND AIRFIELDS IN COLD REGIONS
This collection of papers provides insight into the current state of the practice of road and airfield development in cold regions. Emphasis is placed upon the major planning criteria, design methods, and construction and maintenance considerations for various types of pavement structures. The papers are as follows: Road and Airfield Development in the Subarctic and Arctic, Alaska and Northwest Canada, J.W. Rooney and T.S. Vinson; Route Location/Siting: A Review of Practices, R.L. Schraeder, C.H. Riddle, and W.H. Slater; Frost Action, D.E. Pufahl; Temporary Snow and Ice Pavement Structures, R.L. Scher; Road and Airfield Design for Permafrost Conditions, D.C. Esch; Mechanistic Design of Asphalt Concrete Pavements in Cold Regions, T.S. Vinson and J.W. Rooney; Low Temperature Cracking and Rutting in Asphalt Concrete Pavements, T.S. Vinson, R.G. Hicks, and V.C. Janoo; Road and Airfield Maintenance, J.C. Becker and D.C. Esch; Use of Geosynthetics in Road and Airfield Construction in Cold Regions, T.C. Kinney; and Material Properties, Specifications and Testing for Pavements in Cold Regions, E.J. Chamberlain, V.C. Janoo, and S.A. Ketcham. A Subject Index and an Author Index are provided.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0784401918
- This state of the practice report was prepared by the Technical Council on Cold Regions Engineering, ASCE.
New York, NY United States 10017-2398
- Publication Date: 1996
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 329 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport runways; Asphalt pavements; Design; Frigid regions; Frost action; Geosynthetics; Highways; Ice; Location; Low temperature; Materials; Materials tests; Mechanical analysis; Mechanistic design; Pavement cracking; Pavement design; Pavement maintenance; Paving; Permafrost; Properties of materials; Rutting; Specifications; State of the art studies
- Uncontrolled Terms: Highway location; Ice roads
- Geographic Terms: Alaska; Arctic Regions; Canada
- Old TRIS Terms: Materials specifications; Permafrost regions
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Construction; Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials; Pavements; Terminals and Facilities; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways; I23: Properties of Road Surfaces; I52: Construction of Pavements and Surfacings; I61: Equipment and Maintenance Methods;
- Accession Number: 00727340
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0784401918
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 22 1996 12:00AM