THREE-IN-ONE VEHICLE OPERATOR SENSOR
The Three-in-One Vehicle Operator Sensor envisioned by Northrop Grumman uses non-intrusive eye tracking and image analysis to perform the following functions: (1) Drowsy Driver Recognition; (2) Anti-Theft Protection; and (3) Alcohol Impaired Driver Recognition. This Innovations Deserving Exploratory Analysis (IDEA) project successfully demonstrated Drowsy Driver Recognition algorithms. Development and initial testing was accomplished with the use of data gathered in the Northrop Grumman driving simulator. The algorithms were further tested and demonstrated using imagery of drowsy drivers obtained from a major domestic automobile manufacturer.
- Record URL:
- Record URL:
- This ITS-IDEA project was conducted by Northrop Grumman Corporation.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Hamlin, R P
- Publication Date: 1995-9-30
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- ITS-IDEA Program Project Final Report
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- TRT Terms: Algorithms; Antitheft devices; Development; Driver monitoring; Drivers; Drowsiness; Eye movements; Future; Image analysis; Image processing; Impaired drivers; Intelligent transportation systems; Research; Technological innovations; Testing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Future research
- Old TRIS Terms: Eye tracking
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00727280
- Record Type: Publication
- Contract Numbers: ITS-18
- Files: NTL, TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Oct 15 1996 12:00AM